Jumping right in we are elated and proud to share all about ALAAPii with you. What does our name mean? What motivated and inspired our mission? ALAAPii is irrevocably devoted to tourism and its beneficiaries into Africa. ALAAPii stands for our coined phrase, acronym and brand:
As Locally African As Possible Inspired Internationally.
So what does this mean in terms of tourism into and around Africa?
The ALAAPii Team, ethos, experiences and therefore the quality of tours and its impact on every visitor, the locals and the environment have been inspired by the globally recognised, and local community revered founder of Dreamcatcher South Africa and co-founder of ALAAPii.
Today recognised aa blue print innovator and pioneer in sustainable tourism, (by this we mean REAL outcomes based sustainable tourism). It is an inclusive model which put humanity back into tourism; tangibly embraces diversity, courageously addressed social justice, economic efficiency and environmental integrity. transformed local communities (and all who visit). Finding another way that works, Dreamcatcher offers responsible tourism following the 3 core principles of sustainability, which are social justice, economic efficiency and environmental integrity. Read more about this remarkable story shared here.
How can you be part of this way of travelling in Africa?
Our reason for being
ALAAPii is collaborating with DREAMCATCHER SOUTH AFRICA npc and drawing on the expertise, skills, knowledge of the award winning social change enabler. Anthea Rossouw is the globally recognised founder of both these initiatives. Dreamcatcher is respected and revered in local communities and local tourism stakeholders across Africa. The founding non-negotiable principle of Dreamcatcher South Africa npc was to build a new socio-economic pathway in Africa, framed by tourism. Sustainability has been the cor principles guiding its pioneering actions for 32 years already! We believe it is time to take Dreamcatcher internationally in collaboration with our local partners, based on the clear findings that the vulnerable, struggling communities, living in abject poverty have been most affected by the Covid-19 Pandemic.
The organization was born from our commitment to create jobs and build economic strength in communities throughout Africa. We wish to support and create ethical, resilient, happy businesses that are part of the local community’s social fabric. The management and the empowerment of enterprises, job creation and environmental stewardship, is as local as possible.
ALAAPii uses to
Our values are rooted in six themes:
Underpinning the above, ALAAPii concentrates its efforts on the continent of Africa. The company looks at each person, each partnership, each community, our clients and our service providers, as a unique relationship. We will strive for each of our employees and stakeholders, to have absolute fidelity to values, virtue, honesty, ethics, caring employment and compliance practices, hard work, co-operation, mission orientation (not about you or me), relationship building, trust, and getting things done, continuous education and a desire to be better and grow.
1) Ubuntu – affirming diversity, inclusivity and co-accountable, we are one and all in this together
2) Love-having an attitude of “How can I love(serve) you better?”
3) Absolute adherence to integrity, values, virtue and exhibiting positive character strengths and compliance to ethical business practice and requirements.
4) Being a happy, positive, optimistic solution-oriented community organized around loving our travel partners with an “I can do that!” attitude.
5) Technology, systems, best practice adaptation, and professional operation management, continuous education, extreme sensitivity to the environment, animals, and local customs and values must be used to support our community due to complexity and dynamics of life and work with integrity to protect the ever-changing environment, because it is not good enough to talk about it, we do it because
6) We at ALAAPii wish to do the right thing because it is the RIGHT thing to DO!
Written by Paul H Sutherland – July 2021 prior to the launch of ALAAPii and is embraced by the ALAAPii team.